Friday, August 24, 2012

Highlight Reel for 8/23/2012

Well today was pretty uneventful except for my HOMETOWN of PETALUMA advancing to the US Championship game of the Little League World Series!! I don't know any of the boys personally but I am extremely proud of them!


photo from Petaluma National Little League Facebook page

Onto our day...we had breakfast, the usual and then we hit them gym.  H had been having a tough time at the gym kids club lately, but today seemed to go better :) I logged 2.25 miles in preparation for several runs I have coming up.  A 5k on September 9th, 10k at the end of October and a marathon relay in December...yes I have lost my mind!!

We headed to the grocery store for a pork but for this recipe Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches which I got from this Blog Six Sisters Stuff, I had all other ingredients on hand.  It is my first time trying this recipe so I will let you know how it turns out.  I always pair pulled pork with Coleslaw and this recipe Basic Family Reunion Coleslaw is my basis but I do make a few additions!

H took a very short nap so I got about nothing done, she watched a little bit of Lady and the Tramp while I did some laundry.  Another quick trip to the store, I forgot one thing when we were there earlier and I told you I love trips to the store it gets both H and I out of the house!

When then settled in to watch my hometown play a little league world series game in which they WON as I stated above. Bring on Tennessee we those boys are unstoppable right now!

That wraps up out day, hope your day was just peachy too!



No comments:

Post a Comment