Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Highlight Reel 8/24-8/28/2012

We were offline for a bit but really not much to report, so I will try to keep it short and sweet!

Looking back I said I would report on the Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches...well they were delicious!! They next time I make them I think I might cut back on the pepper a bit and not put BBQ sauce on all the meat.  This rub is really universal and you could use the pork meet for many different dishes, so next time I think I might just sauce what we are going to use and have tacos the next night! If interested you can find the recipe HERE!

Saturday was a day spent mostly in front of the TV :) While H and I did get a little gym time in in the morning, we headed straight to Food 4 Less for snacks to watch the big TN vs CA Little League game!! I was planning on keeping H up so she could watch and so I could cheer on as loud as I wanted to, but as usual with a toddler that didn't happen.  H took a nap so I got to watch the whole game by myself, boring but at least I wasn't distracted the whole time.  Sadly Petaluma lost, but it was one of the most exciting games of baseball I have ever seen and you can read all about it HERE!

Sunday was a great day...H and I headed over to her cousin's house and we spent the whole day there! The kids played outside and us Mom's hung inside chatting. H took a nap and went right back to playing with her cousin's when she woke. She has such a great time with her cousin's, I am so thankful we live so close.

Monday was just another average day, I made Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms it was pretty good might start putting it in the rotation.  I have been on a slow cooker roll, with harvest in full swing there is no telling when D will be home so its nice to have food prepared for him when ever that happens to be. Speaking of slow cooker cooking...I have the Most Amazing Pork Chops recipe from The Crockin Girls in the crock pot right now! I will let you know how it turned out tomorrow.

That pretty much wraps up the last several days for us, pretty exciting stuff around these parts...HAHAHA!!! Hope yours was just as peachy!




No comments:

Post a Comment