Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's Harvest Time!!!

Well its that time of year again...Almond Harvest!! I both love and hate this time of year. I love it because its the time of year that all the hard work my husband does all year is rewarded (even if it is in the form of a lot more work for now) and I hate it because I rarely get to see him.  This year I hope that I can help out more than I did last year because our little one is older.  I have already committed to running to get parts when they need them so that means I might be making a lot of trips here and there for necessary items to keep harvest rolling.  


There are several processes when harvesting almonds.  There is the shaking, the raking, the picking up and the hulling we at least these are all the steps that we do ourselves and then the nuts are off to the local receiving station.  All of our nuts are sold in-shell to Blue Diamond Growers and we are so happy to be apart of such a great company! Look for upcoming posts on how each step is done with pics included.  Well that's it for now there is lots to do!!!


Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment